Thursday, December 31, 2009

The last half year according to the little camera...

We have a little Nikon Coolpix that sits on the windowsill in our kitchen. It isn't fancy, but it holds a battery charge like you wouldn't believe, and it is perfect for spur of the moment, must-capture events. Since hubby is a chef, it mostly grabs the "oh my gosh, this food is amazing and must be documented" type things. I just downloaded the last 6 months of pictures from it, and I see that we've also grabbed a few sweet family memories...



Del and Lou by the garden...all that remains is the chard, so it must have been pretty close to the end of the growing season. They are both barefooted, so it couldn't have been too cold yet.


Yep, it was pre-frost - the watermelon vines are still hanging in there.



Some sort of dumpling...they contained prunes or potatoes (or maybe both)?



Goulash - yum!



Snow!!! The little camera is great in adverse weather conditions, so out it went!



Good thing I married a guy from Upstate NY!



Even Big Buddy got into the wintry action...notice that High-Pro glow?



Enough of that, time to go in and eat and sleep.



This guy has his daddy's Northerner genes, I think!



Playing with the macro setting...



Not bad depth of field for the little camera, eh?



Inside and making rolls...



There is some special technique to knotting rolls, and Lou is a pro already!



Tada!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!


7 comments:

Cathy said...

OHHH Carla....these are darling pics and such great memories!!! I love that little Louie!!! What a great chef he will be...just like dad! Those blizzard pics are amazing! You definitely received more snow than us. Buddy cracks me up! I swear he really was standing at the door really saying let me go in and eat and sleep...lol!!!

Jeanne said...

man, I'm craving rolls now! Great photos! I love Louie in the snow hat.

Anonymous said...

mmm, that Goluash looks so yummy, I heavent had any good goluash since I was in Germany.

gwensews said...

How lucky can you be to be married to a chef? My husband couldn't boil an egg! Plus, he shovels snow!

Anonymous said...

Awwww Louie looks so cute out in the snow!!!

Beth

Jennifer said...

He makes a beautiful rosette!!! Love all the pics of Louie!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures, but where are you? You have to let Del take a few now and then! The snow pictures almost make me wish I loved somewhere with seasons: almost! Thanks for sharing your half a year with us!