Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sis Boom FUN!

I had an absolute blast at Jennifer's Sis Boom Holiday Show last week! I got to spend almost two full days surrounded by fabulous folks, gorgeous fabrics, and bling-bling eye-candy galore!!! I really meant to get more pictures, but I got caught up in the whirlwind of fun!



The cutting table was stuffed just before the show opened. It didn't take those bolts long to thin out! I had the honor of cutting fabric for lots of amazing crafters, quilters, and decorators. I LOVED getting to play mix-and-match with such a huge, beautiful palette of colors and prints.




Shoppers got a sneak peak at So St. Croix live and in person. Jennifer's sweet assistant Madeline dolled up the dressform with some yardage and a poofy pettiskirt. There were only a precious few fat quarters of this line for sale at the show, but it should be available from fabric shops in January - yipeeee!




This was my view from the cutting table. I made the little rag dollies popping out of the box using a modified version of the in-the-hoop Mini-Kimmie from SWAK. The awesome potholders hanging up against the window were made by Nancy Geaney of Dark Horse Farm Designs. They sold like hotcakes!!! She also had some beautiful treeskirts and adorable stick ponies (yes, I'm kicking myself for not taking more pictures)!




I also made some frayed rosette bib necklaces for the show, and they were a hit (woo-hoo)! We have a free tutorial that shows how to make the single rosettes. I'm working on instructions for making them into necklaces, so be on the lookout for another tutorial in the next few days :) !




Finally, here I am with my sweet sewing buddy Nicole and her darling baby Hannah! She went away with some great fabrics and patterns...I can't wait to see what she makes! I'm donning my Meghan Peasant Dress, which was so comfortable and easy to wear that fabulously busy day! I'm also wearing my Kay Adams necklace, which I could have sold right off my neck a couple of times. It fit right in with the vintage beauty and sparkle that Sis Boom is all about!

***There is still time to win the fantastic "How Much Fabric" cards from GwynHug!***
Just leave a comment here before tomorrow (10/9/09)!

7 comments:

Tabitha said...

Looks like a beautiful, inspiring time! I totally would have had fun cutting that fabric too...and you look lovely!

gwensews said...

Color galore! Looks like a wonderful store. Lucky you.

Cathy said...

What a fabulous show!!! I love all of the eye candy too! What a great job to get to mix and match fabrics!!! You look fabulous!!! I love those bib necklaces too...so pretty!

cupcake studio said...

Oooh, great pictures! It looks like so much fun!

Danielle Muller said...

hi there!

it was so nice to meet you at jen's show!!

come by my blog...i did a post about the show!

blessings,
danielle
www.thevintagedragonfly.typepad.com

Lauren said...

I've visited your blog once or twice and fell in love with your patterns, especially the tunics :-) Also can't get enough SisBoom, I'll be following from now on!

NicoleK said...

Carla, I love this photo of us (despite not being my pre-pregnancy size) it was so great to meet you- felt like I'd always known you. You are such a sweetheart! I just posted photos on FB of Megan wearing her new Sis Boom portrait peasant top, I did it in a size 3. It's been ages since I did something so simple! It whipped together so fast!!!! LOVE the Sis Boom fabric! I'm working on a "Precious Dress" in Nutcracker fabric next. You simply write the best patterns and I wanted to encourage you to do a pattern with a zipper- we all know it will be the BEST zipper insert tute around. ;)